How to Achieve Sustainable Weight Loss, Boost Your Energy, and Transform Your Health!
As women age, it can become more challenging to maintain a healthy weight due to hormonal changes and a slower metabolism. However, there are effective strategies that can help women over 50 reach their weight loss goals. One such strategy is nutritional ketosis.
Keto is a powerful way to achieve sustainable weight loss, boost energy levels, and transform health. However, women often find it challenging to stick to a keto diet due to hormonal imbalances and other factors. In this blog, we will discuss the power of keto for women and provide tips on how to achieve sustainable weight loss and transform your health.
Traditional keto is a low-carb, high-fat diet that promotes weight loss by forcing the body to burn fat for fuel instead of glucose. This process, called ketosis, has been shown to be particularly effective for men, as it targets stubborn belly fat and helps regulate hormones. However, for women, a traditional keto diet can be difficult to maintain without hitting weight loss plateaus and stalls. This is why here at ShiftSetGo we focus on Nutritional Ketosis.
Nutritional ketosis is when we eat like a DIY keto diet but remove a lot of the dietary fat so that our body can burn our body fat. This means we keep some healthy fats but eat a specific macro ratio so that we target the body fat and it burns day after day until our clients hit their fat loss goals. This method also preserves lean mass while losing weight.
One of the main benefits of a nutritional keto diet for women is that it helps regulate insulin levels. Insulin is a hormone that regulates blood sugar levels and is closely linked to weight gain. When insulin levels are high, the body stores fat instead of burning it for energy. By reducing carb intake and increasing fat intake, a keto diet helps lower insulin levels and promote fat burning.
Another benefit of a nutritional keto diet for women is that it helps regulate hormones. Hormonal imbalances can cause weight gain, particularly in the abdominal area. A keto diet helps regulate hormones by reducing inflammation and balancing insulin and cortisol levels.
Additionally, a nutritional keto diet can help improve energy levels and mental clarity. By providing a steady source of fuel to the brain, a keto diet helps improve focus, concentration, and cognitive function. This is particularly important for women who may experience brain fog or fatigue due to hormonal imbalances or other factors.
Tips for Achieving Sustainable Weight Loss on Keto:
- Focus on nutrient-dense foods: A nutritional keto diet should not be about restriction, but rather about choosing nutrient-dense foods that promote health and wellbeing. Focus on whole foods like meat, fish, eggs, and vegetables.
- Prioritize protein: Protein is an essential macronutrient that helps promote satiety and preserve muscle mass. Aim to consume at least .5-1 gram of protein per pound of body weight per day.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking plenty of water is essential for maintaining hydration, promoting digestion, and flushing out toxins. Aim to drink at least 8 cups of water per day. Be sure to also get in electrolytes. Many people drink 64oz of water a day but need a little help getting hydrated. We love Ultima Replenisher to help with this. (https://shop.shiftsetgo.com/collections/ultima)
- Be patient: Weight loss on a keto diet may take time, particularly for women. Be patient, consistent, and don’t give up if you don’t see results immediately.
Nutritional keto is a powerful way for women to achieve sustainable weight loss, boost energy levels, and transform health. By focusing on nutrient-dense foods, prioritizing protein, staying hydrated, embracing healthy fats, and being patient, women can unlock the power of keto and achieve their health and weight loss goals.
Here are some ways in which nutritional ketosis can work well for women over 50:
- Improved insulin sensitivity: As we age, insulin resistance can become more common, making it harder for the body to use glucose effectively. Nutritional ketosis has been shown to improve insulin sensitivity, which can help with weight loss and also reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Reduced inflammation: Chronic inflammation is a common issue that can contribute to weight gain and other health problems. Studies have found that nutritional ketosis can reduce inflammation, which may be beneficial for women over 50 who are at higher risk for inflammation-related conditions such as arthritis and heart disease.
- Reduced appetite: One of the challenges of losing weight as we age is that we may not feel as satisfied by the same amount of food as we did when we were younger. Nutritional ketosis has been shown to reduce appetite, which can make it easier to stick to a calorie-restricted diet.
- Preserved muscle mass: Losing weight can be especially challenging for women over 50 because they may also be losing muscle mass due to age-related factors. However, nutritional ketosis has been shown to help preserve muscle mass while promoting fat loss, which can be especially important for maintaining strength and mobility.
- Improved cognitive function: Some research has suggested that nutritional ketosis may improve cognitive function, which can be especially important for older adults who may be experiencing age-related cognitive decline.
Nutritional ketosis can be an effective strategy for women over 50 who are looking to lose weight and improve their health. By following a specific low-carbohydrate diet, women can achieve a state of ketosis that can lead to improved insulin sensitivity, reduced inflammation, reduced appetite, preserved muscle mass, and improved cognitive function.