This spinach risotto is a creamy, dreamy delight! With added spinach for a pop of vitamins and color and the satisfying creaminess of the parmesan, this dish is comfort food at its best!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
2 TBSP olive oil
1 medium, yellow onion, diced
1-½ cup risotto rice, dry
5 cups vegetable stock
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
8 oz frozen spinach
3 oz grated parmesan
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium-low and add vegetable stock 1 cup at a time, stirring frequently. Wait until all the stock has been almost absorbed into the rice before adding the next cup. Keep repeating the process for about 16-17 minutes, until rice is cooked. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Turn heat to low. Stir in the spinach and cook, stirring occasionally until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Total Fat: 15g
Total Carbs: 63g