This healthy chicken soup is packed with flavor and perfect for when the weather turns cold. Don’t rush it with this one—heat it up slowly and let it take a little time to simmer. This gives all the flavors plenty of time to mingle and meld.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
1 cup turnip, peeled and diced into cubes
1 cup green beans, cut into pieces
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp oregano
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
1 TBSP fresh parsley, diced
1 ShiftSetGo Creamy Chicken Soup Mix
1/2 portion ShiftSetGo Brown Bread
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, add turnips, green beans, oil, salt, and pepper. Toss together to coat all the turnips and green beans in oil.
- Spread out evenly on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan add the chicken broth, minced garlic, basil, thyme, oregano, red pepper flakes, fresh parsley, and the roasted turnips and green beans. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Once simmering, reduce heat to low and whisk in the Chicken Soup Mix.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve this healthy chicken soup warm with a side of Brown Bread.
Healthy Chicken Soup Tips
Try toasting the Brown Bread, chopping into cubes, and adding it directly to the soup.
Cook once and eat twice! When you make this healthy chicken soup recipe, save the other half of the bread and soup for lunch the next day. (We love this little thermos/spoon combo for keeping soups warm on the go!)
SSG Notes (per serving)
SSG meals: 1