It’s tough to beat French toast for breakfast on the weekends (or any time really…). This version is incredibly low in sugar, high in protein, and has the perfect hint of cinnamon. Give it a try and we can almost guarantee it’ll become a regular on your weekend menu!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
1 ShiftSetGo Vanilla Pudding & Shake mix
1 ShiftSetGo Homestyle Pancake mix (one a day)
1 tsp baking powder
1 stevia packet
1/3 cup egg whites
2 tsp olive oil
4 TBSP water
1 oz unsweetened almond milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 TBSP Walden Farms Pancake Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add pudding mix, pancake mix, baking powder, and stevia packet to a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Add in egg whites, oil, and water. Mix together to form a batter.
- Spray a 5×3 mini loaf pan with cooking spray and spoon the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center. Remove from oven and let the bread cool in pan. Once cool, slice the bread.
- Beat the egg, almond milk, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Spray a medium skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Dip slices of the bread into the egg mixture and pan-fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve your french toast with Walden Farms syrup.
Refrigerate half of the bread for the next morning.
Sprinkle extra cinnamon on top of the egg mixture before dipping bread in.
Top cooked bread with a sprinkle of powdered stevia.
SSG Notes (per serving)
1 SSG Meal
1/2 milk choice
2 oz protein