Enjoy a mini tropical getaway with every bite of this tasty, heart-healthy tropical gluten-free granola. Loaded with good-for-you fats from almonds, cashews, and coconut oil, you’ll feel satisfied with each crunchy bite!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
1 cup pineapple chunks
5 Medjool dates, pitted, roughly chopped
2 TBSP orange juice
1 TBSP pure vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1⁄4 cup coconut oil, melted
3 cups raw almonds, roughly chopped
1 cup raw cashews, roughly chopped
3 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
1⁄2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 250°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, combine the pineapple, dates, orange juice, vanilla, and cinnamon. Blend until smooth.
- Add the coconut oil and blend again to fully incorporate. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the almonds, cashews, coconut flakes, sunflower seeds, and salt. Toss to combine.
- Add the pineapple mixture to the nuts and stir to fully coat. Divide granola between the prepared baking sheets, spreading each into an even layer. Bake for about 2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes, or until granola is a nice golden brown. Rotate the trays after 60 minutes of baking and keep a close eye on the granola for the last 30 minutes, it can burn quickly! Cool completely.
Store cooled granola in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Total Fat: 40g
Total Carbs: 27g