This tasty, warming tomato soup is a welcome meal on those cooler days and evenings. The addition of fresh veggies and orzo pasta makes for a hearty meal that nourishes you while it fills you up. And while it’s undeniably delicious anytime, you may like it even better the next day. When it sits in the refrigerator overnight, it gives the flavors the opportunity to blend and fuse, resulting in an even deeper punch of flavor.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
1 package ShiftSetGo Orzo Pasta
1 clove garlic, minced
4 fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
1 tsp oregano
1/2 cup diced zucchini
1/4 cup cauliflower rice
15 oz can fire-roasted tomatoes
2 cups broth (chicken, beef, or vegetables)
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the garlic, oregano, zucchini, cauliflower, tomatoes, and broth to a medium-size saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and add half of the basil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Remove the saucepan from heat, add in the cooked pasta and stir well.
- Serve warm and top with the remaining basil.
Make it a 2-Shift meal by serving it with the high-protein ShiftSetGo Brown Bread!
Get in a serving of protein by adding 4 ounces of shredded chicken.
SSG Notes (per serving):
1 SSG Meal
2 cups veggies