With simple ingredients and gooey chocolate, nothing says dessert for breakfast like these indulgent double chocolate pancakes! These delicious pancakes hit all the right buttons and scratch that “I-need-something-sweet!” itch.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 6 minutes
- Pulse cocoa cereal in a blender or magic bullet until it’s a fine powder. Place in a small bowl.
- Add egg, salt, vanilla extract, and chocolate syrup. Mix well.
- Divide batter in half to make 2 pancakes.
- Use cooking spray on a large skillet and place on medium heat.
- Cook batter until small bubbles form on top and lightly brown. Flip and cook for several more minutes.
- Crush up chocolate puffs until the size of chocolate chips and equally divide them on top of each pancake.
- Drizzle double chocolate pancakes with pancake syrup.
Double Chocolate Pancakes Tips
Add a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg. Try with a dash of peppermint/mint extract.
Up the chocolate ante by topping with Walden Farms chocolate syrup instead of pancake syrup.
SSG Notes (per serving)
SSG meals: 1