These cranberry cookies have the satisfying crunch of peanut butter, paired with a tart cranberry—they’re like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in a healthy cookie form! Who knew 5 simple ingredients could taste so good?
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
1 cup unsweetened crunchy peanut butter
1 cup coconut sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat together the peanut butter and coconut sugar with a hand mixer until sugar has dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Add the egg and baking powder. Mix again until combined.
- Stir in the cranberries.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of the dough into balls. Place dough balls on the prepared baking sheets, leaving some space between each for the cookies to spread while baking. Flatten each dough ball slightly with the palm of your hand. Bake 10-12 minutes, rotating trays halfway through, or until edges are lightly browned.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes on the trays then transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
- Store cranberry cookies in an airtight container.
If using all-natural peanut butter, be sure to stir it well to incorporate any oils, then refrigerate at least 24 hours before using to allow it to firm up, otherwise, it will be too runny and the dough will spread too much.
Most dried cranberries contain lots of added sugar. Try using Patience Fruit & Co. Organic dried cranberries with no added sugar! They add the perfect tartness to these cranberry cookies.
Nutrition Info (per serving)
Total Fat: 6.5g
Total Carbs: 13g