This hearty and nourishing chickpea and broccoli curry will fill you up without making you feel stuffed. It’s a healthy, quick, and easy option for those busy days when you just don’t want to be in the kitchen. The coconut milk provides heavenly creaminess while giving the rich curry a delicious underlying coconut flavor.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
2 TBSP red curry paste
2 broccoli heads, florets
1 (14 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 TBSP cornstarch
1 TBSP coconut oil
4 cups steamed white rice, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat.
- Sauté the broccoli for 3-4 minutes. Add the curry paste and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer gently for 5-8 minutes.
- Add in the chickpeas and mix well to combine. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water and add to the pan. Simmer for about a minute, then reduce heat and let it cool slightly.
- Serve over white rice.
Chickpea and Broccoli Curry Tips
Try adding different spices like minced garlic, ginger, or turmeric.
Boost the nutrition and the visual appeal by adding in additional veggies like diced carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, squash, peas, or spinach. You can also serve our Spicy Baked Kale Crisps to get in even more veggies!
Switch up the base by swapping out the white rice for quinoa or cauliflower rice.
Add 1-2 tablespoons of almond butter to step 4 to make this broccoli curry even more creamy.
Top your chickpea and broccoli curry with a squeeze of fresh lime and sliced green onions, parsley, cilantro, or your favorite microgreens. (Microgreens can be a good source of nutrition and are incredibly easy to grown at home!)
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Total Fat: 9.5g
Total Carbs: 65g