A delicious, low-carb take on the classic breakfast wrap. We’re using egg in place of a flour tortilla, and packing it with rich cheese, herbs, and salty smoked salmon. High in protein and nutrient-dense ingredients, these omelet wraps work just as well as an easy, on-the-go meal or a leisurely sit-down breakfast.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
7 oz cottage cheese
4 handfuls watercress
1 lemon, peel only
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tsp mixed herbs
4 tsp coconut oil
3.5 oz smoked salmon, chopped
- Place the cottage cheese, watercress, and lemon peel in a large bowl and purée with a hand blender until smooth paste forms. (Can also use a food processor if preferred.)
- Beat the eggs with the milk and herbs in a separate bowl.
- Heat one teaspoon of the oil in a medium-size frying pan and fry a quarter of the egg mixture over medium heat for two minutes until the egg solidifies. Flip and bake the other side for 30-60 seconds.
- Remove the omelet from the pan and set it aside. Fry the other omelets with the rest of the oil.
- To serve, spread the cottage cheese paste over the omelets and top with smoked salmon. Roll up the omelet as a wrap and cut it in half.
You can use just about any veggies, protein, or cheese in your omelet wraps—the only limitation is your imagination!
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Total Fat: 17g
Total Carbs: 4g