These decadent, chocolatey and delicious triple chocolate muffin cakes can be enjoyed with your morning coffee or dressed up with a chocolate drizzle and served as a lovely dessert! Either way you’ll be amazed at the rich, chocolate flavor and how quickly you can bake one up!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Stage: 1 |2
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 6-cavity muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together the pancake mix, pudding mix and baking powder.
- Add the egg whites, olive oil and water. Mix to fully combine.
- Divide batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups. Bake 15 minutes or until center is set and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in the pan, then turn muffins out on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To serve, drizzle tops with chocolate syrup or chocolate dip and enjoy!
Chocolate Muffin Cakes Tips
Letting your eggs warm up to room temperature before you use them can help make a smoother batter that is more likely to trap air when it bakes. This can cause your muffin cakes to expand more and be more fluffy and light. Making sure your oven is fully preheated to 350°F before you put them in will also help their texture.
Try baking these muffin cakes in a mini muffin pan for indulgent bite-size treats. Just remember, when using a mini pan the cooking time will be less.
Try filling these chocolatey cakes with your favorite Walden Farms Jam once cooled completely! We love their strawberry and raspberry fruit spreads!
SSG notes (per serving)
SSG Meals: 1