These egg-stuffed breakfast mushrooms are the perfect way to start the day. Packed with protein and nutritious vegetables, they’re hearty and filling, without being too heavy. To save time, these breakfast mushrooms can be made ahead of time and reheated. We know you’ll love this unique breakfast idea!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
¼ cup diced zucchini
¼ cup diced bell pepper, any color
¼ cup chopped spinach
¼ cup sliced asparagus
¼ cup diced tomatoes
2 large eggs
1 large egg white
1 ShiftSetGo Cheese Soup/Dip Mix
2 portobello mushrooms, centers removed
Leftover mushroom centers, chopped
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix together eggs, egg white, and cheese soup mix in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Spray a medium saucepan with cooking spray and sauté all the veggies until soft.
- Add the veggies to the cheese sauce mix. Stir well to combine.
- Place the mushrooms open side up on a baking tray lined with tin foil or parchment paper. Divide the egg mixture evenly between the two mushrooms.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the egg mixture is cooked through and the mushrooms are soft.
Breakfast mushrooms tips
Try adding 2 ounces of ground beef or pork to increase the total protein intake to 2 servings.
Top with a healthy dose of green zone veggies like arugula, spinach, or spring mix. Adding a spoonful of sauerkraut (also green zone!) gives it a delicious, tangy kick!
SSG Notes (per serving)
SSG meals: 1