Guilt-Free Key Lime Mini Tarts
These key lime mini tarts are a refreshing blend of sweet and tangy lime! Jam-packed with flavor, they are a fun, creative way to use some of your favorite ShiftSetGo products to create a delicious, sweet-tasting treat.
Our key lime mini tarts swap out the unhealthy crust and high-fat ingredients you normally find in key lime pie recipes for healthier options. These light and bright key lime mini tarts are a dessert you’ll feel good about eating.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Chill time: 10 minues
Stage: 1 | 2
1 ShiftSetGo Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal packet
1 large egg white
1 oz water
3 oz water
4 True Lime Water Enhancer flavor packets, divided use
1 stevia packet, or to taste
1 ShiftSetGo Vanilla Pudding & Shake Mix packet
2 large egg whites
1 stevia packet, or to taste
Thinly sliced lime wedges, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 6-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- To make the crust: In a medium bowl, stir together the oatmeal packet, egg white and water. The dough should be stiff, but manageable.
- Moisten your hands with warm water and divide the dough into 6 small dough balls, about 1 tablespoon each. Place each dough ball in the prepared muffin pan and press it firmly with your hands to cover the bottom and a little up the sides of each muffin cup.
- Bake about 5 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- To make the filling: In a small bowl, combine the water and three of the True Lime flavor packets. Stir until dissolved.
- Add stevia to taste and stir until dissolved.
- Add the vanilla pudding packet and stir until dissolved.
- Cover and refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes. Once set, stir in the remaining packet of True Lime. Divide the filling evenly between the 6 muffin cups and place them in the fridge to set.
- To make the meringue topping: In a small bowl, beat the egg whites with a wire whisk or hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Add stevia to taste and stir gently to combine. Stir carefully to not deflate the mixture.
- Place a dollop of meringue on top of each tar and garnish with a lime slice to serve.
Key Lime Mini Tarts Tips
For a crispy tart shell, take them out of the tins after 5 minutes of baking and turn them upside down on top of the tin. Bake for a few more minutes or until brown.
For an extra lime zing, garnish with a sprinkling of fresh lime zest. (It also adds a nice pop of color!)
Store them in the fridge in an airtight container. Don’t store them for too long though. They should be eaten within 1-2 days or they’ll start to dry out.
Want to learn the history behind these key lime mini tarts? Check out this writeup that explains how key lime pie came to be and why it’s more American than apple pie.
SSG notes (per serving)
This recipe makes six tarts. A serving size is 3 tarts.
1 SSG meal