This chicken and pineapple salad has an inviting smoky-sweet flavor that hits just the right spot on a warm summer evening. The bright pineapple and colorful onions pop against the various shades of green from the mixed greens and mint leaves. Perfect for summer!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
For the Salad:
7 oz chicken breast
4 slices pineapple, canned
2 handfuls mixed salad greens
1/3 cup mint leaves
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
For the Dressing:
2 TBSP olive oil
1 tsp ginger, grated
1 clove garlic, minced
1 lime, juiced
1 tsp honey
- Mix the ingredients of the dressing in a salad bowl – season with salt. Add greens and mint leaves – let them rest.
- In the meantime, cut chicken breasts in half horizontally (you will end up with 4 chicken fillets), place on a hot grill pan, and cover each chicken breast with a slice of pineapple.
- Season with black pepper and grill for 6-8 minutes. Flip and grill for another 5 minutes or until cooked through. (At this stage, remove the pineapple and let it grill next to the chicken.)
- Remove from heat and let chicken rest 3 minutes, then cut into strips.
- Add the chicken, pineapple, and onion to the bowl with the greens. Mix well to coat everything before serving.
Pineapple Salad Tips
For a vegetarian option, replace the grilled chicken with fried or baked tofu or feta cheese.
With all the fresh produce available during the summer months, feel free to toss in additional in-season options like blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, or avocado. (Note: any additions will change the nutrition facts.) Check out the Seasonal Food Guide to find out what’s in season where you live.
Change up the flavors of this pineapple salad by swapping out this dressing for our Cashew Butter Dressing.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Total Fat: 18g
Total Carbs: 30g