Green Bean Casserole
Green bean casserole is a classic holiday dish, but it can often be loaded with calories and unhealthy ingredients. Here’s a recipe for a healthy version of green bean casserole that is sure to be a hit at your holiday table!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Stage: 1 | 2
1 ShiftSetGo Broccoli Cheddar Soup Mix packet
1 ShiftSetGo Crisps bag (any variety)
3 cups fresh green beans
6 oz turkey bacon, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 oz skim/almond milk
2 closed of garlic, minced
¼ tsp black pepper
½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush SSG crisps in bag and set aside.
- Boil green beans in a small saucepan for 5-6 minutes, then place in ice water and drain.
- Use cooking spray in a medium skillet and cook chopped turkey bacon until brown.
- Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook 5-6 minutes until mushrooms are soft, then transfer to a bowl.
- In the same pan, add milk and chicken broth. Cook for 5-6 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Add broccoli soup mix and stir well, cooking an additional 5 minutes.
- Add in mushrooms, bacon, and garlic mixture; simmer for 3 minutes.
- Mix in green beans, sale, and pepper.
- Pour mixture into a 9×13 casserole dish and top with crushed SSG crisps.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
1 SSG meal
1 protein serving
2 veggie servings