With these easy-to-make egg broccoli and ham muffins, you can quickly and effortlessly meal-prep a bunch of low-carb, protein-rich muffins to have on hand during the week. This tasty, classic combo of ham, cheese, and broccoli is the perfect heat-and-go meal to grab on the go during those busy weekday mornings.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
1⁄2 cup roughly chopped broccoli florets
5 large eggs
1 clove garlic, minced
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Pinch of red chili flakes, optional
4 slices deli ham, chopped
1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 6-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the broccoli in a pot of boiling water and simmer until tender, about 3 minutes. Strain and set aside the broccoli to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, garlic, a pinch of salt and pepper, and the red pepper flakes, if using. Set aside.
- Divide the broccoli evenly among the 6 muffin cups. Top each with ham and then cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over each muffin to ¾ full. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until the eggs have just set in the center. Let cool for 5 minutes then serve!
For a vegetarian option try replacing the ham with feta cheese, goat cheese, or your favorite vegetables.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Total Fat: 7g
Total Carbs: 1g