This easy apple cake works any time of the day. Warm it up to enjoy as a tasty dessert or serve it with breakfast alongside a cup of hot English Breakfast or Earl Grey tea. It also goes well with our Spiced Chai tea.
An easy-to-make, delicious cake that is packed with crispy fall apples and makes the perfect fall treat. And not only does this autumn dessert taste amazing, but it may also even yield some health benefits. Studies have shown that regularly including apples in your diet may reduce the risk of some cancers, cardiovascular disease, asthma, and diabetes.
In less than 15 minutes you can have this quick recipe in the oven, filling your kitchen with the delightful smell of cooking apples.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 cup coconut sugar
2 apples, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 360°F. Prepare an 8-inch baking tin, lined with parchment paper.
- Place the flour, baking powder, and sugar into a large bowl and mix well. Add in the egg and melted coconut oil. Stir until combined.
- Add in the apples. Use your hands to incorporate them into the batter.
- Place the batter into the lined tin and bake for 35-40 minutes. Once ready remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Store the easy apple cake in an airtight container.
For a delicious treat, before serving, add a thin layer of Walden Farms Caramel Syrup to the top of your easy apple cake. Caramel apples anyone??
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Total Fat: 10g
Total Carbs: 38g