This easy, simple poke bowl recipe is healthy, gluten-free, vegan, and easily customizable. Whether you stick to this recipe or add your favorite colorful veggies, this bright bowl makes for a quick lunch or dinner.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
1 (14 oz) can chickpeas, drained
1 TBSP olive oil
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 cups white rice, cooked according to package directions (about 6 cups cooked)
1 medium cucumber, chopped
2 medium carrots, sliced into ribbons
1 cup shredded purple cabbage
1/2 cup edamame beans
8 radishes, ends trimmed, sliced
2 green onions, sliced
Prepared Cashew Butter Dressing, for serving
Toasted sesame seeds, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the chickpeas, olive oil, paprika and cayenne until fully coated.
- Spread the chickpeas in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, then carefully stir. Bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until chickpeas are browned and crispy. Remove the tray from the oven and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- To assemble the bowls, divide the rice between 4 serving bowls. Top each with equal portions of the cucumber, carrots, cabbage, edamame, radishes, green onions, and the chickpeas.
- Drizzle each with the Cashew Butter Dressing, top with sesame seeds, if using, and serve.
Make a double batch of the chickpeas to use in this recipe and also in the Mediterranean Chickpea & Couscous Salad.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
*Does not include dressing
Total Fat: 15g
Total Carbs: 104g