These easy-to-make chocolate waffles are a super fun and different way to use ShiftSetGo cereal. Just because you’re on plan and working toward a weight loss goal doesn’t mean you have to miss out on delicous, decadent way to start your day!
Crisp on the outside and tender on the inside, these make an excellent, high protein replacement for traditional, refined-flour-based, sugar-filled waffles. You can feel good about enjoying these—our chocolate waffles won’t give you that dreaded sugar rush or carb-crash after eating them. All you’ll have is a happy belly, even energy, and a smile on your face.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 6 minutes
- In a blender, break the cereal until it has a fine, grainy, flour-like consistency (be careful not to blend it too much!). Pour the cereal “flour” into a medium-size bowl. Add the baking powder and combine.
- In a small bowl, beat the 2 egg whites, vanilla, and Walden Farms Peanut spread.
- Add the egg mixture to the cereal and stir until well combined.
- Spray your waffle iron with non-stick spray. When the iron is ready, pour in the batter and cook until golden brown and crispy.
- Drizzle with the Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup or Pancake Syrup.
SSG Notes (per serving):
1 SSG Meal
1 oz. Protein