Blueberry Lemon Zucchini Waffles
While we often use them as a vegetable, zucchini is actually a fruit. Super versatile, they can go savory or sweet, so make the perfect “veggie” addition to these delicious zucchini waffles!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5-6 minutes
1 ShiftSetGo Blueberry Pancake Mix
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 large egg white
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
6 drops lemon stevia, optional
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup zucchini, grated, squeeze out excess liquid
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the blueberry pancake mix and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg white. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, stevia, olive oil, and zucchini. Stir well to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Mix until smooth.
- Let the batter rest, covered, for 5-10 minutes to hydrate the blueberries.
- Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray. Pour batter into waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
Blueberry Lemon Zucchini Waffles Tips
Non-stick cookware, like waffle makers, can contain harmful chemicals like polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) and perfluorooctanoic Acid (PFOA). If you’re looking for a healthier alternative, check out this waffle maker. It has a ceramic coating that’s easy to clean and free of harmful chemicals like PTFE and PFOA.
For an extra burst of flavor, top your zucchini waffles with any Walden Farms fruit spreads or syrups. Just be aware if you do this, it adds 1 serving of extras!
SSG meals: 1
Daily oil: 3/4