Unlike other muffin recipes, you won’t find an overload of sugar or an offensive amount of butter and fat here. Our SSG Oatmeal and fresh chayote squash make these apple cinnamon muffins an excellent source of fiber, protein, and vitamin C. These tasty muffins have the perfect hint of warm cinnamon, sweet clusters of apples, and a pleasant moist texture. They are ideal for busy mornings and grabbing a nutrient-dense breakfast when you’re on the go.
Paired with this cinnamon herbal tea, these apple cinnamon muffins make for the perfect start to your morning!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
1 packet ShiftSetGo Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup finely grated chayote squash, with excess water squeezed out
1 egg yolk
1 oz almond or skim milk
2 tsp grapeseed or olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix all the wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Line muffin tins with liners or spray with non-stick spray. Fill 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until they bounce back when touched in the center.
For fun bite-sized muffins, try these in a mini muffin tin.
SSG Notes (per serving):
1 SSG meal
1/2 cup veggies
1 milk choice