Meatloaf is elevated in both nutrients and flavor with the simple addition of mushrooms, green onions, and spinach! So quick to throw together, this is the perfect, healthy, weeknight meal.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Stage: 1 | 2
1 cup white button mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup chopped spinach
5 oz lean ground beef
1 large egg white
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
2 TBSP Walden Farms BBQ sauce, divided use
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet or glass baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Lightly grease a large skillet with cooking spray and set over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and green onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and add the spinach. Stir to combine. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl combine the ground beef, egg white, garlic powder, a pinch of salt and pepper, and the slightly cooled veggies. Stir until ingredients are fully incorporated. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet and form the meat into a loaf shape with your hands.
- Brush the top of the meatloaf with 1 tablespoon of the BBQ sauce. Bake for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Spread the remaining 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce over the top of the meatloaf. Let it rest for 10 minutes, then slice and serve!
Try serving with mashed cauliflower and a garnish of chopped, fresh parsley or chives!
SSG notes (per serving)